Learning vocabulary with songs – Activity + Teacher’s notes
This activity helps to learn at least 20 words and expressions to talk about appearance. The activity is based on the song “Freckles” by Natasha Bedingfield. The slideshow includes teacher’s notes, introduction of the vocabulary and a ready-to-use handout.
Level: B1 – B2
1. Pre-teach the vocabulary on appearance (included in the slideshow).
2. Print out the slides with the lyrics and cut them up along the dotted lines.
3. Give each student a cut-up copy of the lyrics.
4. Play the song once (if you play it on YouTube, make sure the video doesn’t have lyrics displayed).
5. As the students listen to the song for the first time, they arrange the lyrics in order and fill in the gaps with missing words/phrases.
6. Play the song for the second time to allow the students to check their answers and to complete the gaps they have missed during the first listening.
7. As a follow-up activity, you can have a quiz on the words and phrases that the students had to use in order to fill in the gaps.
Posted on April 29, 2014, in B1, B2, efl, esl, Ideas to teach vocabulary, PPT, Teacher's Resources, Teaching ideas, tefl, Vocabulary, Vocabulary with Songs and tagged efl, esl, Ideas to teach vocabulary, PPT, Teacher's Resources, teaching ideas, teaching vocabulary, TEFL, Vocabulary, Vocabulary with songs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.